Monday, January 30, 2017

Jose Diaz - Flahlight






For my flashlight I wanted to create something that looked durable and that could withstand being dropped. So I went with a simple design but bumped up the aesthetics with the colors and materials that I chose.

Modeling the shell was quite straight forward. I cut out the different shapes I wanted to use with the line, circle, and rectangle tools for the middle section of the flashlight. Then after that I removed about half of the thickness one inch at the bottom and also on top. I then added to a couple of squares to add grips for a more rugged look. After that I used the revolve feature to create the actual body of the flashlight.

The materials that I chose for this project were simply steel and rubber. A durable flashlight really needs nothing else. However the colors I chose were reminiscent of those used by superman so that it not only feels durable it also has that mental connection to the man of steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment