Monday, January 30, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 3 Flashlight

The Evil Flashlight

Ghosted

View 1

View 2

View 3


I am going to continue doing the creepy n' cute theme throughout my projects as much as possible. I decided to do a more artistic approach to the normal flashlight sleeve. I really just wanted to make a flashlight that will go along with the castle I created in the weeks before. 

When building this in Rhino I relied on curves once more to create the spikes coming off the flashlight and polar arrays to duplicate them with even spacing in between. I also used the pipes along the curves to create the spikes and the handle of the flashlight. The rest of the model I mainly used to primitive shapes that were available to me without too much heavy modification.

In Keyshot I wanted to used similar materials I used for the castle into this so that they seemed to belong to the same world. I used mainly metals and glass; and a few plastic materials. I used emmissive light for the bulb so I can have the illusion of the flashlight being turned on. As for the colors I used a more monochromatic color scheme once more using mainly grey scales and reds for this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment