Sunday, January 29, 2017

Anisha Chaudhary: Week 3 LED Flashlight Sleeve


My concept was based around a young child's toy flashlight. I tried making it cute and simplistic.
I looked up images of toy flashlights but the ones that showed up were for very young toddlers. This flashlight caters to maybe a 10 year old child who is into magical wand and fairy like objects.

I decided to keep the same cylindrical design as the template just to avoid issues with inserting the LED light. I added cones and spheres to the top of the flashlight to make decoration and have a clear indication of which side the light should be coming from. I think this is a good element of design because it makes the top part look busy, and it is complete using a torus underneath it to cover the tips of the cones. I made stars using cones and a sphere as well. I started with cone and then used the polar array command to make the 5 cones go around perfectly to create a star. I used the polar array command a lot in this model to evenly space objects. I also used Boolean difference to make the indents on the sides of this flashlight. I am a little concerned about the fillets that I put to smooth out the indents, they look like they have small black lines around them when I render my piece.

I chose pink plastic for my flashlight's body, yellow gems for the stars, and pink gems for the top pieces and stripes. I did this to make a magical aesthetic.








No comments:

Post a Comment