Sunday, January 29, 2017

Rebecca Genung: Flashlight Sleeve

I wanted to create a lightsaber. I didn't know that anyone else had made one. I based my design off of mainly Qui-Gon's lightsaber but I prefer a smoother design, so I changed a few things to fit my mental image of a lightsaber.
I made the inner sleeve (the black inside) separate from the outer sleeve and then combined them together. The "on/off buttons" on the side don't do anything and I left a hole on the button so one could use the flashlights real button. To ensure (I didn't really need it) that I didn't block the flashlight hole I created a cylinder the dimensions of the flashlight at the beginning and difference-cut it from the sleeve at the end.

For materials I just went "shiny". I mainly used polished titanium and added color to it. I wanted to emphasize the inner sleeve separate from outer one even though they are the same piece now.

No comments:

Post a Comment