Friday, January 27, 2017

Jeremiah Baker - Week 1 Castle

ghosted

ghosted with layer assignments

render 01

render 02

Concept:
This castle/house was inspired from the haunted house feel of the new Netflix series, 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'. The ornament repeated on the sides of the house is designed to resemble an eye, one of the strong themes in the show.

Modeling Techniques:
I created the main body of the house, the windows, and the roof using boxes. I then used boolean difference to cut out the holes for the windows, the door, and the ornaments on the sides of the house. The porch was also created with boxes. The posts are two boxes put together to make it seem like they were cracked in half. I used fillet everywhere that the program would let me, and control points on the door handle to warp it and make it seem bent and scratched. After I finished modeling the house, I used the 'bend' function to bend the house to one side, as if it had been pushed over by the wind.

Materials:
For the main part of the house, I used the old wood planks texture to further the old/creepy feel of the model. The roof has the same texture, but rotated 90 degrees and darkened. For the windows, I just used a basic glass texture. The porch/door/doorknob all use a variation of old scratched metal. The steps on the porch have a stone texture applied. The ornament on the side of the house is a combination of black and white glossy plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment