Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hannah Revelle- week one- Duck



Design

For my duck. I went for a silly decorative toy that you would wind up and watch it walk around. I went for a unrealistic fun color. for its mouth it is slightly open to appear more cheerful  and single tooth is sticking out.

Inspiration 

I went with a more simple design after looking at the following duck toys.



Technique 

Body-For the body I followed the guide lines. 

Beak-I adjusted the beak with split than rotation on both bottom and top. I than copied the top and scaled down and placed on bottom to make the tongue. lastly I add a cube for the single tooth 

Wings/feet - I made a curve of my shape and placed it on a plane and used CurveBoolean to cut my shape out on the plane. than I extruded and mirrored to the other side. For the feet I added cylinders for the legs . 

Materials 

Since this is a toy for kids I just stuck with the hard plastics for all of the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment