Monday, January 30, 2017

Darrius Williams Castle,Duck,Lightsaber



For the model of the castle I wanted to go a Roman/Greek style in architecture while also not sticking to close to traditional building plans. I also wanted to mix in some attempts at unusual shapes from curves and Boolean to make the fountain and center element in the cage structure.





the design was pretty simple and to the point. I based most of it on round primitive objects and a few shapes that come standard such as star shapes.  the cuts at the top of the towers were done with the same shape I used to cut the windows into the towers.



Material wise i went with stone and lots of it. I used brick for the towers and a rough sandstone for their foundations. for the pillars and obelisk i used black marble and white plastic as the fountains.






for the duck I wanted to design it to be used as a future inscent holder and possible oil diffusers. so i designed it in rhino but finished it in Maya after time constraints required me to continue at home with an obj. i brought it back into rhino to separate the parts for the keyshot render.








for Materials I couldnt narrow down what i wanted so i did two. one primarily made of gem and a metal head while the other is all hard metals such a s titanium and gold. with an anodized neck coil.




For the light saber I didnt want to base it on any current design i just dove right in and played around until i found the kind of saber i walk around with.


material wise i went strong metals that have seen a little damage while i wanted to use red marble as its top cap for a little stone flair. the grip is highly raised leather and the bottom nobs are brass/



1 comment:

  1. I was trying to explain to you in class that we're supposed to create individual blog posts for each assignment. Professor Scott doesn't like bulk blog posts.

    ReplyDelete