Sunday, January 22, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 1 Castle



Ghosted 

View 1

View 2

View 3

For my design for my castle I decided to go for a snow globe type look! I really like a lot of things that are cute and creepy so I wanted to keep the theme at that. I also like drawings and gifs that have the illusion of infinity, so I decided to make the snow globe seem like it was going on forever on the inside of the dome.

I used a lot of solids and curves for this piece. I used the curves to create weird shapes that wasn't already built in Rhino. I also made use of polar arrays and arrays along the curves I made for the spiked fence on the inside dome. I could not really think of a way to make the dome itself without having a naked edge but I feel that it worked in this case for my castle.

For the materials I used in Keyshot I wanted to give it sort of an industrial look so i used mostly metallic and shiny materials. I wanted to a have an accented monochromatic color scheme so I limited the colors I used to gray scale and reds. I wanted to show a bit of an eerie feel so I made sure not to make the lighting too bright in the renders.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment