Sunday, January 22, 2017

Michelle Ignacz: Week 01 Duck

Alien Ducks (Reference)

No Edges Black Duck


Side View Ducky

Front View Ducky

Ducky Layers



Upon creation of my ducky, I already had a source of inspiration from the alien duck brothers from Courage the Cowardly Dog. I went off of their design and created my own wacky teethed duck alien. Who also has an awesome mustache.

To create the duck I went off of the basic tutorial given to give it its basic shape and from their I proceeded to open its bill and give it the cartoonish looking teeth of all sizes. I proceeded also to give it its hair and mustache by creating a sphere and dragging the control points until I thought it fit for its style. To finish off its look, I also gave the ducky a little toy remote just like the alien duck brothers had in the show. I really must say that the teeth were really fun to create, but were very difficult to place in the duck's mouth.

For materials, I stuck to a hard rough blue plastic for the the body of the duck and the remote. The sides of the remote has gem stone emerald to give it a shiny futuristic appearance.  I used anodized purple, red, and lime green metal for the antennas of the duck and the two back buttons. The body of the pointer of the remote and the casing of the buttons I used an anodized rough metal to give it a more shiny appearance. In turn, for the laser pointer orb it had to have glass cubes red glass and glass for the center button of the remote, because big shiny red button. I ended up using gem stone blue for the two main buttons on the remote. I used a hard clear purple on the mustache and the hair while using the blue gemstone material on the tail feathers. For the teeth I used soft rough beige plastic and gave both the bill and eye white a shiny rough white plastic to help pull off a grimy, gritty dirty appearance in the smile. Gotta love the character's teeth in the show. With an anodized purple tongue, it helps pull out his toothy grin. Eyebrows had to be added to finish the look with a hard rough plastic material to give it more solidity with a bright red glass cubes to pull into the eyes. I tried to stick to the color scheme of the blue duck as much as possible but wanted to give it more facial hair like one of the other duck characters in Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dr. Le Quack. For the poses I wanted to show off the main build of the duck with a side view, but then did a three-quarter view tilted slightly down to feel the menacing power of my ducky.




No comments:

Post a Comment