Monday, January 30, 2017

Griffin Korns: Week 1 Duck


     For the duck I wanted to mimic those wind up toys that move the animals legs, similar to the picture below.

     Modeling techniques were pretty simple, I followed the tutorial, then narrowed the ducks body to appear more angular. After that I reshaped the head and neck, then fixed strange gaps that appeared between the head, bill, neck, and body with some mesh tool. I then drew out the feet, filled in the curve, then extruded the curve upwards - followed by using a boolean union to join the foot with a cylinder which I had bent in the middle to form the leg. The hat was two cylinders joined together with a union, then placed on the ducks head. I tried to mirror the leg over but couldn't create a suitable plane, so I duplicated and rotated it, giving it a slightly uneven look.
     Material choices were regular duck paint colors, chosen to mimic the plastic toy it's aimed to replicate. Lighting was designed to be polarizing, separating the duck into light and dark - with a small part of it in the middle.
     



No comments:

Post a Comment