Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Michelle Ignacz: Week 01 Castle

Overall View


Pedestrian View

Bird's Eye View

Normal View

Ghosted View

No Naked Edges

Castle Model Layers


When creating my piece I had started off with a basic idea of just placing towers onto the base and then trying to continue up from the bottom. As I continued to work, I began to think of a type of Utopian society that has a dark, industrial underbelly. Running off of the designs of a movie called Castle in the Sky I ran with the idea of a shiny organic exterior with a smokey and dirty underbelly as I went along. From here, I imagined a bright fruitful garden bursting with life; but as we flip the city, we are greeted with pollution and smog.

For the design I went with circular organic shapes for the upper levels, creating types of archways and doors that seem like life can wrap itself around it. On the underbelly I incorporated more strong edges and unnatural pipes that run out of the bottom to portray smokestacks and machine designs.

When applying the materials to the "castle" I applied a granite grey for all base platforms of the building landscapes, glass refractive grey walkways, blue gem stone columns, blue chrome for the perimeter around the main base, anodized brushed gray to the posts on main base, brick towers, glass to the surrounding icicles dangling from the base, and anodized rough black to the smokestacks. I tried to keep the idea of a pristine top-side with a filthy underbelly underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment