Sunday, January 22, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 1 Ducky



Ghosted

View 1

View 2

View 3
For my design I ended up straying away from actually making a rubber ducky and made a fat little fairy sitting on bubbles. Along with my castle I really like cute and creepy things so I wanted to make something that looked adorable but uncomfortable to look at! This also reminds me of something that could come from the show Adventure Time. 

In Rhino I mainly relied on spheres, curves, and point controls. I manipulated the spheres to create the main body. For the limbs, horns, and wings I used the curves to created the shape of them, and then I manipulated the spheres I used into the shape i drew out with the curves. For some reason there was only one naked edge between the head and neck. I tried to fix it by redoing the Blend Surface function again but it only was able to connect the neck to the body when I tried to rejoin the pieces again. It was time consuming but it still came out the way I wanted it to!

I wanted the fat little fairy to look like a toy or a cartoon character, so I used mostly Matte materials with the exception of the horns, wings, and bubbles. I selected bright colors so that he has a brighter feel to him. I used a bright setup so that it feels more friendly and more cute to look at even though he is a weird one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment