Monday, January 30, 2017

Sarah Roberson: Flashlight Sleeve


Concept:
So my concept for my flashlight sleeve still sticks with my theme of doing board game pieces or board games themselves. It is based on a Bishop piece from the game Chess. I wanted to be able to include every curve that is traditionally in a Chess piece.

Ghosted Painted Black (Above Picture)
Keyshot Layer Assignment (Below Picture)


Modeling Techniques: 
To get the shape that I wanted, I ended up image tracing a line drawing of a Bishop that I found online and transferred that into Rhino. I then made sure that it fit the dimensions of the sleeve by using the flashlight template provided by Professor Scott.



Material Choices:
For the material choice, I used carbon fiber gloss with a fiber weave texture to give it some flare. For Keyshot use only, I created a lense and added a light texture to signify the direction that you will be pointing the flashlight if you were to actually turn it on. I also tried lowering the brightness so that you could see the light more, because I couldn't find a light material good enough to shine out. This assignment made me very happy because it looked amazing as a sleeve and then when I added the clicker, it made it even more amazing.




Finishing It:

In finishing my design, I painted it black like the traditional color of one part of a chess set and then dry brushed it with a silver to give it a distressed look. I really like how this turned out because it made it almost look like stone. This project was a lot of fun to finish, even though I splotched the dry brush just a little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment