Monday, January 30, 2017

Michael Creamer: Week 3 Flashlight


The concept for my flashlight was was to take the simple cylindrical shape of the flashlight and repeat that shape around it in different ways so that it would look completely like a flashlight but exaggerated in some ways. I also wanted to be able to see the flashlight through the case, almost like a skeleton, surrounding and exposing certain parts.


To model this, I created curves out and made them radially surround the flashlight. The bottom piece is a hollowed out cylinder that I projected rectangles onto and then extruded in. I then used boolean difference to cut the rectangles away. For the top piece I radially applied oblong spheres and used them to make cutaways.


My material choice is my personal favorite scheme. A subdued brownish gold with black. The bottom piece is clear because I know I will be able to print my flashlight on clear plastic and I think that should be a feature.


No comments:

Post a Comment