Sunday, January 15, 2017

Rebecca Genung: Week 1 Castle

I'm sorry if I did this wrong and/or posted in the wrong place.

This is my castle:


I was inspired by the Dinotopia books. The architecture in the books is a mix between various cultures but presented in a unique way. Most of the buildings look like they're from a particular place or time but when you compare them side-by-side with a real building, they don't entirely match up culturally. I wanted to create something with both Babylonian and Arabian inspired elements but was distinctively neither.
I'm new to Rhino so it is rather basic modeling-wise. As someone used to Maya and ZBrush, I got frustrated a few times. I prefer organic modeling. Architecture is not my strong suit.
I wanted to go sandstone bricks on the materials, but I used the next best thing. If I put this in Unity or assembled it in real-life I would add signposts and banners in Dinotopian footprint script and such, or alternatively, a line of criosphinx statues to make it more culturally ambiguous.

A NOTE TO ANYONE GETTING KEYSHOT DEMO FOR HOME USE: Even though it says that the watermark will be removed, it is still there at rendering. Do not get the demo.

3 comments:

  1. concept, techniques, materials 3 paragraphs. add a base to complete your composition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 3:42 right now, so forgive me if this is a dumb question: by "base" you are asking to add a background (as in photo or drawn) or a rendered part of the model "ground"? Once again, I'm so sorry if this sounds stupid.

      Delete
  2. a surface that your model sits on. usually an extruded planar surface.

    ReplyDelete