Sunday, January 29, 2017

Randall Villegas Week 2-3 Flashlight

Design- I wanted a modern/geometric look for my flashlight sleeve. Having something that looked tactile was something I really strove for in the project. I flattened the top and bottom sides so it would sit comfortably on a table or any flat surface. Another objective I had was to make it look complicated while using simple objects to form it.



Techniques- I modeled this kind of as you would if you did it physically, by starting with a base form and cutting away at it. The largest form is a box with filleted edges, to create a rounded square. Then is made a few different tubes with the tube tool to cut away the circular portions of the model with boolean difference. I flattened corners for the inner most cylinder used cutting planes  and the trim tool. I added a cylinders with the cylinder tool on the corners to break up the model as it practically is wrapping all the way through.



Materials- For materials, I used a black rubber for the outer most portions of the model and a painted matte gray for the  inner portions.



No comments:

Post a Comment