Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hannah Revelle- week 4- light







Design 

For my flashlight cover I went with a metaphor of the light comes from the dark. I tried to make mine look like a functioning flashlight with a nonslip grip and not over done designs. I tried to convey light  poking out of places around the body. I used black for darkness and red for hate. I used gold to represent the light popping out.

Inspiration 

It was hard for me to come up with a inspiration for this piece. I know a lot of people are doing lightsabers but I wanted to try and be different. This simple sentence of the light comes from the dark is just hope in the darkness. I won't go to far into it but I feel like we are in dark times now but there is always hope.

Technique

-I used a lot of BooleanUnion and BooleanDiffernce. To combine and subtract things from the body. I used tubes and spheres.
-For the half spheres I trimmed them after adding/subtracting them from the body.
-for the grip spheres I made one than polarArray the one around the body and copied and translated it down to cover the grip.

Materials

I explained my color choice in the inspiration but for functional use I did metal for the body and indents and for the grip I stayed with soft plastics to give it the look of a soft grip. I also used glass to make the balls look like jell dots for a nonslip grip. 









No comments:

Post a Comment