Monday, January 30, 2017

Lauren Barbieri:Week3 LED Flashlight Sleeve







Concept
My concept was based primarily off of ornate mythological looking metalwork. That and I was looking for an excuse to practice making curves. One of my major focuses was getting those curves just right.
Modeling Techniques
I drew the shape of the base with the curve tool and then used revolve to create the main case. From there I created the curves for the metal work projected them onto the model split the curve into a surface, then scaled and extruded the surface multiple times. I then split the details using the casing as a cut object (and vice versa) then joined the segments. The rivets were duplicated using polar array as were the top and bottom spirals. 
Material and Lighting
The flashlight has a leather sleeve for a firm grip, an intricate and impractical bronze inlay metalwork hiding a factory made steel casing. Someone went to the trouble of buffing and scratching the bronze but the steel casing is practically factory new. Still there is a nice contrast between the bright bronze and the dark leather, and a flash of silvery steel as an accent color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment