Sunday, April 30, 2017

Kyle Walker: Week 11 Laser Engraving







Inspiration and Influences
I drew my inspiration for this project from simple hexagonal patterns, and a icon I made years ago.
I wanted to do something simple but add interesting effect, so I made the internal icon a mid level cut and the other hexagons a very shallow cut. This makes it so you can see the icon first and then looking from the sides or with the light hitting it you can see all the extra hexagons.

Modeling techniques
I took my image into Photoshop and selected all the hexagons with magic wand tool and then changed the selected area into a path. I then cleaned up the paths by removing the extra anchor points, and then saved it out as a .AI file so I could open it in rhino, After that I marked the hexagons as needed.

Material and lighting
card board

No comments:

Post a Comment