Sunday, April 30, 2017

Griffin Korns: Week 11 Laser Engraving

Concept:
I originally wanted to do a raster engraving of the black/white image featured above, but due to some unforeseen issues with formatting, I decided to make it a crosshatched engraving instead, as I knew it could be done without issue. The car featured is a 2016 Mustang GT350 R.



Technique:
I took a wallpaper of mine and modified it in Photoshop to be black and white, and so that the shadows were extremely contrasting, and any excess color or lighter shadows were gone. I then took that image into Illustrator and drew curves around all of the different "tiers" of shadows, which made 4. I then took those curves into Rhino, and split planes with them, organizing each plane by shadow tier. Then I used the contour command to crosshatch each plane according to its shadow tier. I added an additional hatch for each tier of shadow, with the 4th tier having 4 hatches, and being darkest.


Materials:
I used a piece of regular plywood from Lowe's, and some glue to secure the feet of the stand.


No comments:

Post a Comment