Sunday, April 30, 2017

Griffin Korns: Week 12 Waffle Lamp

Concept:
I wanted to make a simple, easy to put together lamp that sort of mimicked a globe, and could stand on its own.



Technique:
I created a series of circular curves, then lofted them to create the outer shape, then used the Cap command to seal it off. I duplicated the model and manipulated it to get the interior cavity shape that I wanted, then used BooleanDifference to hollow it out. I followed the tutorial video with the pipes to create the sliced model.








Materials:
The model is made out of 2 ply cardboard, along with a regular light bulb and a Bottle Lamp kit from Lowe's.I also created a mounting piece for the light bulb with some scrap cardboard, and cut it so it notches into the top of the lamp.



No comments:

Post a Comment