Saturday, April 8, 2017

Jason Doze Week 12: Waffle Lamp




 Model / Waffle

Printer Reference Layout


 Shot 1


 Shot2

 Fail 1


 Fail 2


Concept:  I wanted to create a circular model that was an ovoid that tapered vertically at the top.  After playing around with the model, I choose to have an opening in the lamp also to break both the vertical and horizontal planes.  I imagine having a translucent light shield covering the inside 4" cylinder housing the lamp that would direct the light up and out of the fixture as well as emitting light horizontally. 

Material:  The material I found suitable for this project was all plastic.  I chose clear plastic and blue transparent plastic to make the fixture as believable as possible.  In fabrication, I would choose acrylics and I think a polished aluminum cutout for the front radial "shard."  I used overtly expensive liquitex acid lime, and flat white paint.


Technique:  I made a curve that I like then revolved it and added a surface.  After scaling the model, I scaled out the width to make it oval.  I made a 4" cylinder and brought it near center of the model and then rotated it of center to create the light tunnel and front void of the model using boolean difference.  Next I used section and contour to find my horizontal and vertical curves, made the surfaces and used cut my ribs and massive unroll to layout the parts on the reference bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment