Sunday, April 30, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 10 Serial Slice











Concept: For the serial Slices I wanted to create a simple heart with some divots on the sides. I wanted to use a simple shape because I really wanted to focus on the colors of when I painted it. Also this is going to be a gift to some friends of mine who got engaged recently!

Techniques: In Rhino I used a curve and mirrored it to form the heart shape. I then joined to two curves to be able to extrude it into its own solid surface. I then created a curve along the sides of the heat cylinder to trim off the sides inwards a bit to add some subtle variation to my model.

Materials: For the materials in Keyshot I used an array of metals and paints and marble to show off the many layers of my model. I love the variations of the materials because hearts have layers like onions! I used cardboard as the main material to laser cut on. I then taped around the edges of the cuts and sealed them with spray so that I can paint them to show off the different colors in the layers like in the keyshot. I used 5 different colors because I wanted there to be a consistent coherent pattern that would match along with the waffle lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment