Sunday, April 30, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 11 Laser Engraving





Concept: This piece I have done for the laser engraving is a fanart based off of a Reverse AU of the old cartoon show Ed, Edd, n Eddy. Kevin, who normally is considered the jock in the show is a totally nerd in this AU. I love this character because he's adorkable and cute! This drawing fits into the cute aesthetic that I like to go for at times!

Technique: I hand drew the little chibi and scanned it to my laptop. From there I colored him digitally. For the the engraving however I too out the color to make a raster layer for the engraving. I then took the drawing into Illustrator to better sort out the cut layers so that everything will cut correctly.

Materials: I used MDF Fiberwood for the engraving to be placed upon. I then used STAIN + POLY to stain the wood to a slightly darker hue to create more contrast. I used Acrylic paint to carefully color back in its original design as closely as possible. I am very happy with the results and I hope to do more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment