Sunday, April 30, 2017

Kyle Walker: Week 13 Pepakura









Inspiration and Influences
I was mainly influences by one of my old prototype I made, but with the limitations of this project I knew I wouldn't be able to get the full model to look the same, so I did some major remodeling and I was met with something that looked like a Power Rangers looking helmet.

Modeling techniques
The first thing I did on this project is remodel and old project of my own, by removing most of the faces and extra pieces. I then took it into Pepakura and cut it and laid it out. I then printed it on 100 pound card stock and after many hours of cutting I started to glue it together. After it was assembled I then taped it up and add many coat of mod podge (this is a cheap costume trick) to it,. I later sanded it, and then painted it the color I wanted, then add a lacquer to make it look as if something had happened to it, and then finished it off with a clear coat.

Material and lighting
100 pound card stock
mod podge
metal paint
lacquer 
clear coat

No comments:

Post a Comment