Sunday, April 16, 2017

Michael Creamer: Week 10 Serial Slice


Concept: For my serial slice sculpture I wanted to really make something that was just weird and somewhat abstract. I took inspiration from Gumby to create some weird shape that is vaguely a character with a face.

 

Technique: The primary forms of my model were made by drawing several curves and connecting them. I then took simple shapes and subtracted them from the main form. Of course I added a smiley face for good measure.


Material: I chose to make my sculpture in cardboard. I had one rod right through the middle that made assembly very easy. Gorilla glue managed to stick the pieces together tight enough. My final piece at the top served as a cap so the hole for the rod is no longer visible.

No comments:

Post a Comment