Monday, April 3, 2017

Randall Villegas Week 11: Laser Engraving

Concept: For my laser engraving, I wanted to base it off of an old project and I decided my castle would have the most interesting  shape and intrigue to work with for the engraving. When I found out the laser engraving would work well with thick paper, I knew I wanted to do something something with watercolor paper and ink wash. While I did change it some from the original project, I think the essence has stayed and will make for an interesting piece.


Process: I had the modeled prepared essentially, all I needed to do was remove everything that wasn't part of the main structure, pillars, stairs, etc and begin to make my 2d image. I used make 2d with the four views to solidify that my front view choice was the one I wanted to continue with for the project. I scaled down the front view and made a border with the hatch tool. I decided on some varying engrave depths and made a cut inside the papers to stay within the 8x10 sizing.









Materials. I used a thick paper for the laser cut, I wanted to make something that looked like a drawing that was framed in a design. The burn was slightly lighter than I would like, but the over quality is good and detail is ultimately discernible.


No comments:

Post a Comment