Sunday, April 30, 2017

Simon Fields: Week 12 Waffle Lamp













Concept: For the Heart lamp I also went along the similar idea to the serial Slices in doing a heat shaped structure. I wanted to use this shape because I used the serial slice as a stand for this lamp. I used simple and cute colors with the serial Slices so they could match.

Techniques: I used the same curve for the serial slice for the lamp to create it's base shape. I then extruded it into a solid surface. I then followed Prof Scott's video to use the surface command to section off the heart layers and created it's slots on the  in between. I also used the massive unroll script to unfold the model to lay the pieces down for laser cutting.

 Materials: In keyshot I used metallics type paints so I can show off multiple hues in the colors. I wanted the scheme to match the serial slice base so I choose pink and blue! For the laser cutting material I used to a thin cardboard. And I sealed it with spray and then proceeded to paint them pink and blue similarly to the keyshot renders. Then I got a small little LED light to put inside the waffle structure. There's such a wide opening because I want to be able to use different types of bulbs and light fixtures for that piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment