Sunday, April 30, 2017

Michael Creamer: Wood Engraving




Concept: Looking around my home, I realized I don't have any pictures of myself. This probably needed fixing and I also needed to make a laser engraving, so of course, I turned the assignment into a self-portrait. I might be a narcissist. So I started with this drawing I did a little while ago.

Technique: Using one of the greatest art apps, Adobe Capture, I converted the original image into a black vector drawing with smoothened lines. I then took that vector image into Photoshop and recreated the circle with horizontal hatch marks and then put my signature on top of that. Next I just converted the image into a rhino file.


 Material: I found a piece of compressed wood covered with a layer of white enamel that I think used to be a book shelf. It was perfect because I wanted all of the negative space to be as light as possible so the image reads from a distance.
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment