Thursday, April 27, 2017

Sam Vandygriff - Waffle lamp







Concept
For the concept of my Lamp I wanted to achieve a mix of square and circular geometry. For the thematic essence I tried to capture medieval characteristics. I was inspired by the old hanging cages you would find in a dungeon. I wanted the design to feature 90 degree angles but also curves and nice form.


Technique
I started by drawing the outer edges with the curve tool. I then used extrude to form out the shapes more. After that i used the Boolean tools to create the indention. After that I used polar arrays and the radial tool to get my shape and pieces lined up. 

Materials
For materials I decided to go with Plywood, The thickness was particularly why i used it. It fit my design perfectly at 1/8 an inch thick and when I assembled everything it all fit very nicely and has a nice lightweight yet sturdy feel to it
I got the Material cut at the local shop Artifacture.

No comments:

Post a Comment