Saturday, April 29, 2017

timothy smiley pepakura project










Design 

I wanted to make something simple in maya. I decided unlike what I usually do, I should play around until I make something interesting without spending days deciding what I should make. I spent very little time in preparation in order to make something I have never made before.I liked the concept of an anchor when I came upon it. I like the grounded feel.I knew then that it had to be old and destroyed for it to really work well.


modeling techniques

I went into maya and played around with a cube.Extruding it until it resembles a recognizable shape. Kind of like doodling but in maya. once I saw an anchor , I started making it look more like one. I kept it very low poly. I  mostly used the extrude tool ,insert edge loop and moved it around with the basic move tools. 

materials

I spent some time trying to add layers of detail. Key shot doesn't have a way to layer materials easily so the only way I could add two layers of rust is to make one of them as a label.I liked the rust pattern on the key shot material and I just added another layer on top of that with transparency. 





No comments:

Post a Comment