Sunday, April 30, 2017

Jason Doze: Week 16 Pepakura


Original Mask, Reduced Poly Mask


 Obj File
 
Pepakura Unfold

Shot 1


Shot 2




 

Concept:  I knew I wanted to make a mask that I could hang on the wall and that was pretty large.  I created a female head in Fuse and tweaked the geometry to give the mask huge eyes and tiny little horns.  I wanted the mask to look somewhat alien with prominent eyes and a faint mouth.

Materials:  I used cardboard and taped of the perforations with 1/4" masking tape.  I printed some thicker cardboard to create a backing of the mask to support it and have a place to hang it from.  I first used some hammerite paint to prime and seal the mask and then used ceiling texturet to give it depth and cover the layers of tape underneath.

Technique:  I created the mask in Fuse and tweaked the geometry a bit before importing into maya.  After reducing the geometry in maya, I move to rhino to get the polygon count to exactly 300.  After printing the mask I did and offset curve to create a backing for the mask to print in cardboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment