Saturday, April 29, 2017

timothy smiley serial slicing










design concept

I wanted to make a mountain I had climbed. This was not possible  because of the constraints for this project. I instead sculpted a mountain that I made with a height map and removed ask the detail that would make it into one piece instead of multiple pieces per layer.

modeling techniques

I used a height map from the internet of a volcano and edited it in Photoshop so it wouldn't have a  hole in the middle. Once I brought it into rhino I made the geometry and edited the pints a little to make it the right height.


materials and textures

I made a rock texture and darkened it. I had to mess around with the scale and projection to get it just right but after a little finagling I got it to look right. I used a bump map maker to take the picture I used and make a bump map with it. This with the rock diffuse texture completed the look.







No comments:

Post a Comment