Sunday, April 30, 2017

Lisa Brasier: Laser Engraving

 
 
 
For my engraving project, I drew a mask composed of different plants. I drew it out on physical paper because I’ve never done line drawings on a computer before and I knew it’d look better hand drawn. I scanned my drawing onto the computer and used image trace in Illustrator. This made it so that when I imported the file into Rhino, the program would be able to recognize the curves that would then be cut out.
I found a tree trunk slice in Michaels that was slightly smaller than 8x10 that would fit perfectly with my design in theme. I scaled it down and centered it the best I could. I messed up while making the reference for the placement so it is slightly off but it still came out way better than I could have hoped. I plan on varnishing it later on so the image is protected and the wood doesn’t rot or fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment