Monday, April 29, 2019

King Wang Wong: 3D Scanning Project

Concept:

I scanned a sculpture that I carved for this project. I chose to use a polygon count of about 500 because I like the blocky look.

Process:

I scanned this in NextEngine. Since my sculpture is not very detailed, I used one 360 degree scan and two single scans to accomplish this. After trimming and aligning my model, I used Rapid Works to clean up my model and optimize the polygons. Then I brought the model to Keyshot and rendered out some pictures. I used photos that I took in Hong Kong because I thought they would be interesting backgrounds for my model. I used match perspective to get the model to look correct in the background and I edited the color of the lights so the model could fit into the background better. 

Renders:




No comments:

Post a Comment