Monday, April 29, 2019

Jonathan Holt: Week 13 Laser Scanning

Concept: For my laser scan I chose to scan the T47 Airspeeder from a board game called Star Wars Legion. I wanted to use this scan to 3D print multiple and use them as crashed terrain. It was a highly detailed piece.
Star Wars Legion T47 Airspeeder

Techniques: Luckily this object already had a matte finish so I didn't need to spray it or paint it before hand. All I needed to do was add dots with dry erase markers to help line up the alignments. I had to take multiple 360 scans from different angles in scan studios to get all the crevices of the ship. Lots of scans needed to be thrown out because the ship is so thin that it didn't want to pick up the edges.


Airspeeder Rendered by Passing

Materials: I gave it a not too shiny metallic material to match what it has in the movies. I then went in during my rendering in passes and added paint to where it belongs. I wanted to make it look like some jerk could park between the spaces on the roof of a parking garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment