Sunday, April 28, 2019

Laser engraving-Paige S Ramos

Skyrupee - Legend Of Zelda Blue Rupees (640x1003), Png Download


Inspiration/Concept:
I decided to base my polyhedron design on one of the gems found in one of my favorite video games, 'Legend of Zelda'. As I try to find something of similar shape and design. So that it was easy to fold and to create in the process. Ironically, this gem in the game costs around 5 dollars in game; same as the price I paid for the laser engraving for this project.

So I decided to go with a paper rhombic pyramid. Since it would be easy to fold and tape together.
Process:
Using what I had on hand in my home, I used the material duct tape to piece my work together. Going with a folding type technique with the tape over and over in a few layers. Came to the final result that I have now. I do not know where I will make use of it in the near future, but it will stay on my desk for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment