Sunday, April 28, 2019

Marissa Hernandez: week 10 Laser engraving

concept: My inspiration came from the love of both foxes and roses individually. I always love to create something that I would like to see hanging on my wall or just appealing to me overall. I decided to combine roses and foxes together somehow. I thought it would be interesting to have an interesting design to have roses cut through the foxes and that way they intertwined together.
illustrator format
Techniques: For this project I created a laser cut file strictly through illustrator by using the curve tool to draw out the lines seen. I drew them according to shallow cuts and deep cuts separated by layers. I chose to do the foxes and line going through as deep cuts to make them stand out more since there were more roses than foxes. Then I drew the roses as shallow engraving and as you can see they came out with a bit of shading due too this and then circular and repeating way they were drawn.
full design

close up 

full skateboard with design
Materials: I bought a blank skateboard off of Amazon and used this as my canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment