Monday, April 29, 2019

Andrew Rowan Week 12: Laser Engraved Skateboard


Concept: My inspiration for this piece was lightning. Specifically the way it arcs and splits of into various branches. I designed a branching lightning piece using a grid. I wanted to emphasize how it branches so there is a section at the top where it is a single line. There was some kind of glitch in Sketchbook between the selection tool and the fill command that resulted in unexpected gradients inside the branching structure. I actually like the gradient it produced so I kept it but removed some of the filled areas throughout the design.

Techniques: I used Autodesk Sketchbook to design the original artwork. I then put that into the Illustrator laser cut template as a raster image and took it to the machine shop.


Material: The media is a natural finish wood skateboard deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment