Sunday, April 21, 2019

Twinkle Shah Week 11 Polyhedra

Concept 

I chose to create a pentagonal dipyramid because I liked the diamond shape of it.

Techniques 
I first opened the pdf from polyhedra.net in Illustrator, where I edited the lines and the strokes to make sure the laser cutter would be able to read it properly. I then opened it in Rhino and made sure all the layer assignments transferred correctly and the dashed lines were all exploded. I then decided to add stars to every other triangle face. I made sure that each of the stars were oriented so that one of the points pointed to either the top or the bottom point of the pentagonal dipyramid. 

Pentagonal Dipyramid Ready for Laser Cut -Rhino 


Materials 
The file was laser cut on E-Flute Cardboard and assembled, then painted with blue and silver metallic acrylic paint. I chose to use the stars that were cut out as embellishments on the faces that didn't have the cut-outs.






No comments:

Post a Comment