Sunday, April 14, 2019

Andrew Rowan: Week 11 Polyhedra



Rhino Layered
Concept: For this project I thought continuing along the lines of architectural lighting fit this project well. There were many interesting shapes that I would love to experiment on with different designs that transform the shape. I chose this shape, the rhombihexahedron, because it had square and triangular concave regions. I wanted to transform these concave regions with cutouts. In the square I realized I could reverse the folds and swirl the interior of the triangles.
Establishing Shot
Techniques: I imported the PDF files into Rhino and changed the lines to the proper layers and colors. I then added the cuts to the interior of the shapes, changing them to the interior cut layer. I only wanted the lines that I would use to fold the shape to be dashed. To fix this I used two interior cut blue layers, one dashed the other continuous. I then went into the properties of each object layer and forced the colors and line type to be correct as well as turning all strokes to hairline.

Close Up
Materials: Eflute cardboard is not hard to bend but I still had to make sure I made the shape big enough so the tolerances weren't too tight. It was close to too tight but I made it work by cutting some of the glue flaps short.


No comments:

Post a Comment