Sunday, April 28, 2019

Justin Chang: Week 13 3D Scanning


Concept: The object that I used is a handcarved lion that I purchased when I was deployed in Africa. I chose to use the open grass behind the SU as my context because I felt it was appropriate for the lion to placed in a nature element.

Techniques: Two scans were obtained through NextEngine Scan Studio, one standing upright and one laying on its side. I did this to fill in the voids that were showing on the lion’s back. Rapidworks was then used to create a NURBS patch. Poly mesh count was then adjusted to 246. It was then saved as a OBJ file and opened in Rhino to verify for any naked edges. Lastly, it was opened in Keyshot to be placed on a backdrop.

Materials: In Keyshot, the backdrop used is the Natural Science and Engineering Research Laboratory building. I chose this backdrop because it has plenty of grass shown, so that the lion can be placed in its natural element. Terrazzo Floor Tan was chosen as the material to give the lion a realistic statue look.


Carved Lion

Rendering

No comments:

Post a Comment