Monday, April 22, 2019

Jonathan Holt Week 11 Polyhedra



DC comics Motherbox
Concept: For my polyhedra design, I wanted something I could use. So I decided to make an objective marker for a DC game that I own so I made the motherbox from DC comics. I will end up cutting this out again at about 1/4 of the size to make it to scale. I made it larger to get a better picture.
Motherbox Illustrator file
Techniques: I used a box file online as a template to create the vector files on top of it. I then drew the designs in using the pen tool. I made sure to add different layers with the different colors to give outside and inside cuts.
Motherbox cutout
Materials: I cut out the motherbox out of e-flute cardboard. When I do it again for the board game I will probably use card stock to keep it small and easier to put together. I will then paint it to look metallic.

No comments:

Post a Comment