Saturday, April 13, 2019

Jack Purcell: Week 11 - Polyhedra

Concept: I knew that I wanted to incorporate geometric designs into my Polyhedra as Polyhedra are based on geometric designs themselves. I also wanted it to incorporate some kind of natural element and in the end I found out that the natural design of spiderwebs compliment the hexagons of my chosen Polyhedra. I also wanted to incorporate another element into my project, and I chose light and turned it into a lamp.

Process: First I imported the Polyhedra PDF into Rhino and separated it into the different layers to be laser cut. I then took that into Illustrator so that I could create the patterns. I created a hole so that I could attach a light fixture and turn it into a lamp. When I originally sent it in to be laser cut I was told it had some problem. I then took it back into Rhino and reassigned the layers, then there was no problem and the file was cut.


Materials: While this project was made with cardboard I would like to make another version out of wood and not have it fold together. I would also like to include a diffusion sheet behind the panels so that the light is evenly diffused.




No comments:

Post a Comment