Monday, April 29, 2019

Jonathan Holt: Week 12 Laser Engraved Skateboard Deck

Concept: I wanted to choose a design I would actually like to have on a skateboard. I decided to go with an altered logo of one of my favorite franchises, Jurassic Park, as well as the two T-rexs from the second move.

Illustrator file

Techniques: I did everything in Illustrator, I grabbed an image and edited it to get rid of any unnecessary spaces that wouldn't transfer well. Then I chose a T-rex picture from Jurassic Park and mirrored it on both sides to fill negative space. I then put the image in black and white and rasterized the image.
Finished board

Materials: We used a blank skateboard deck for this project with a wood finish, however my skating on a traditional skateboard sucks. I may end up putting it on a longboard since that is more my speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment