Sunday, April 28, 2019

Zane Alberts: Week 13 Laser Scanning

Zane Alberts: Week 13 Laser Scanning

Concept:  I decided that I wanted to use something cute for my scanning project. I chose a small deer plush that a friend very dear to me gifted (no pun intended).



Processes: I used the scanner in the 3-D studio to transfer the form of the deer into the computer, taking quite a while and using many layered bodies. After I finished rendering the scanned model, I sent it to Rapidworks and combined them to form a usable deer that could be placed in scenarios and presented to people who could potentially spend money on it. After transferring it to Keyshot, I placed the deer in a suitable environment and rendered the whole thing before giving a the whole image a better sense of situation and realism.


Materials: I chose a green gem for the deer statue, slightly see through in the less dense areas. I found it very pretty and added a tangibility to the less than smooth texture of the deer's body, giving the piece a rough hewn and natural look, befitting a young deer.


No comments:

Post a Comment