Friday, April 5, 2019

Paige S Ramos- Laser Cutting


flat flab images
Concept:

   When I created this piece, I was going for a more abstract shape of the female form. Adding on, and improvising with different shapes to make an elaborated dress and head piece. Making this piece of work a bit 'out of this world'. Hence the title, 'Alien Woman'.

Techniques:

rhino render images

Using FlatFlab was not a skill I've honed at such a quick pace, taking me a few tries to figure out the program until I found something, and made the creation here. Going through the same idea with different shapes that kept getting 'glitched' out whenever I try to morph them in the program, frustrated me a bit. Since I did this later on in the day, my focus wasn't fully there, but something came out in the end. I had my model computerized, now it was time to make it into a reality.


finalized piece

As I took it into the Machine Shop here on campus, the cardboard I took in and kept in my car-- Was not usable for laser cutting. Lucky, the shop had some to spare. Although, my original size of my piece that was going to be cut out, needed to be shrunk down. Either way, it came out how I wanted, just putting it together was a drag. In the end, it stands and remains in my room on my vanity.

Materials:

I was given the cardboard that was brought into the class that was required to use for this piece. Though if I wanted to make this 'Alien Woman' into a reality, I would use a more shiner, glittery and reflective material (and much bigger than a foot tall). Making it the color bright green, to make it more extraterrestrial.


No comments:

Post a Comment