Saturday, April 13, 2019

Marissa Hernandez: week #11 Laser cutting


Concept:
For this assignment I went into the program not knowing what I should create. I started by just exploring the program Flat Fab by drawing different shapes and curves. I eventually got the shape in the middle (dog's body) and I saw it reminded me of a dachshund. I am passionate about animals so, I started to work around the body to see what I could add and this was the final product in Flat Fab. 

Flat Fab

Techniques:
To create this model I used flat fab and, I started out by creating the dog's torso and built upon it by using tools in the program like the points, curves, and transform tools. I used the points to create the basic shape of each body part such as a rectangle for the ears and would use the curves to get the exact shape I needed in order to look like the designated part of the dog. Sometimes the legs and ears would not be exactly where I needed so, I had to use the transform tool to move objects around the dog. This came in handy for the legs because I ended up copying the same leg on one side and moved it to another section. I then would mirror the leg, using the mirror tool, to the opposite side of the first leg. 


Ghosted


layers in Rhino
Materials:
For my materials I chose a white textured paint for the ears, a transparent type of blue glass for the body, and then a granite stone for the legs. I made the ears white because I wanted to keep both these and the legs a neutral color for a more sophisticated look.The stone was a big part of this because I envisioned this sculpture as an indoor piece, hence the picture of the warehouse, and thought the legs having this stability would keep the piece sturdy. I also felt like they would tie it to the outdoors as a reminder of dog's nature of running and playing. The blue material was to give it a fun look which, also tie back to a dog's trait and to also give a pop of color in case it were ever placed somewhere like a vet's office or even a modern art piece in a house.

model view 1

model view 2

key shot view 1

Key shot view 2

No comments:

Post a Comment