Monday, April 15, 2019

Quinn Sherer: Week 11 - Polyhedron


Concept
    
The polyhedron I chose was a truncated hexagonal prism, because I liked the height and overall shape of it.  I put cutouts in each of the panels on the sides, and six-pointed stars on the top and bottom that point to each corner of the hexagon face.


Process
     
I downloaded the polyhedron net that I wanted to use from the website, then opened it in Illustrator.  There, I adjusted the dashed lines and formatted the file to be edited in Rhino.  In Rhino, I added shapes to be cut out from the faces, then made sure everything was on the proper layers.
  

Materials
    
The shape was cut from a 24x48" sheet of .06" E-Flute cardboard, then assembled.  I tried to make a little piece to open and close the top out of yarn, but I'm going to have to keep trying to make it work better.


No comments:

Post a Comment