Saturday, April 27, 2019

Charlie Chang: Week 11 Polyhedra


Concept

I wanted to create a design that would made a good lamp. I wanted the cutouts to be reflected on walls with the light from within. I followed the video tutorials the professor posted, and decided to make it my own from then on. 

Techniques

Rhino shot of Truncated Octahedron

I downloaded a PDF of the truncated octahedron file and followed along with the videos provided. When the section about making cutouts played, I made my own designs and chose star shapes. I used an 8 sided star polygon tool, and a 6 sided star polygon tool. I used polar array to add repeated circles to the larger star shapes. I had to size them all down, unfortunately, due to having made them larger than the flaps, which would have affected my model negatively.

Materials

Finished Product
The material for this project was e-flute cardboard. It was cut with a laser from the Machine Shop on campus. Not many other materials were used, but if I were to add to this project, I would provide a light bulb or string lights to place inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment